[lbo-talk] The Rights of Baby Boys

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 13 11:58:26 PST 2007

ravi wrote:
> So, ask only those adult men who:
>
> * were recently circumcised
> * are sexually active and have been in the recent past
>
> Again, the argument is also based on physiological reasoning:
>
> prop: sexual pleasure correlates to stimulation of sensitive regions
> prop: the penis is a significant sensitive region (w.r.t above)
> fact: the most sensitive regions of the penis are removed during
> circumcision
> conclusion: sexual pleasure (*) is diminished due to circumcision
> corollary: this is a damage to young (or baby) boys
>
> [ (*) potential and actual ]
>
> Disclaimer: The propositions may be unsubstantiated, the facts may be
> wrong, the conclusions may not be warranted. That said, I think the
> burden now shifts.

We know orgasm originates in the brain. Why would anyone assume that the number of nerve endings in the penis will affect orgasm?

We also know that orgasm can occur with no stimulation to the penis at all. I don't see how anyone can assume that the number of nerve endings in ones penis should be tied to sexual pleasure.

I received severe burns to my hand many years ago and did some considerable nerve damage so I know I have fewer nerves in my right hand than my left but oddly a hot stove feels just as fucking hot to my right hand as it does to my left. No difference what-so-ever.

John Thornton