[lbo-talk] The Rights of Baby Boys

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Dec 14 12:36:20 PST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 6:02 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:
> ravi wrote:
>>

>> Meaning? They are liable to lie about the sensations they feel? (note
>> that we (at least I) are not talking about their psychological
>> experience -- which the second doctor shifts the argument into -- but
>> the physical one).
>
> In my view, that's a meaningless distinction. All of our experiences
> are psychological. (How could we be aware of any sensations that we
> did
> not psychologically experience?)

I don't think its meaningless at all, even without reference to the point that all psychological experiences are "material" (i.e., physio- chemical). Logically speaking, while it may be true that experiences may be psychological, that does not prevent us from talking about their physiological component.

--ravi