[lbo-talk] The Rights of Baby Boys

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Dec 14 12:23:36 PST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 4:08 PM, John Thornton wrote:
> ravi wrote:
>>

>> So, while it may be possible to have orgasms without penile
>> stimulation, that does not negate the claim that penile stimulation
>> leads to orgasm. And if penile stimulation reduces to the stimulation
>> of nerve endings or some such, and if their number and sensitivity
>> matter, then their removal reduces penile stimulation an hence one
>> avenue to orgasms.
>>

> I know penile stimulation can lead to orgasm in men. The question is
> is
> a reduction in nerve endings equal to a reduction in sexual pleasure?
> I know of no good reason to make that claim.

The legitimacy of that idea (or some variation of it) does not seem to be in dispute as per the original article. So I take it as a matter of scientific consensus that the amputated parts contributes significantly in whatever way stimulation is defined.

> Imagine if you could achieve orgasm by someone running a duster with
> 100
> feathers down your back. Now if someone ran a duster with 60 feathers
> down your back would the orgasm be only 60% as intense?
> I can think of no reason to believe it would be yet this is in essence
> the claim being made. Stimulate X number of fewer penile nerves and
> have
> an orgasm reduced by X%.

I am not sure the argument is based only on a count of nerve endings.

--ravi