[lbo-talk] The Rights of Baby Boys

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 14 12:56:52 PST 2007

ravi wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2007, at 4:08 PM, John Thornton wrote:
>
>> 100
>> feathers down your back. Now if someone ran a duster with 60 feathers
>> down your back would the orgasm be only 60% as intense?
>> I can think of no reason to believe it would be yet this is in essence
>> the claim being made. Stimulate X number of fewer penile nerves and
>> have
>> an orgasm reduced by X%.
>>

> I am not sure the argument is based only on a count of nerve endings.
>
> --ravi

At its heart it certainly is. If not this argument then what? The claim is made that the tissue removed contains some percentage of the overall nerve endings in the penis and that removing them decreases the pleasure experienced during sex. The original claim made was:

"Dr. Hinchley counters with a recent study that showed the uncircumcised adult penis is more sensitive than the circumcised penis, largely because the five most sensitive areas are removed during circumcision. "This implies a reduction in future sexual sensitivity for circumcised adults."

I have not read any claim that the nerve endings were somehow of a different nature and that removal of the sheath eliminates these 'special' nerves and their 'special' function. The claim made is specifically reduce sensitivity = reduced pleasure.

John Thornton