[lbo-talk] Huck cites divine protection

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Dec 20 06:11:49 PST 2007

[from Mike Allen's Politico Playbook]

CBN's David 'Brody File' Brody rode with Gov. Mike Huckabee on his bus from Des Moines to Ames yesterday and got this Biblical shout- out: 'Ultimately what I sense is happening - people everywhere will come to me, look me in the eye and say, 'We are claiming Isaiah 54 for you' - that 'the weapons formed against you will not prosper'.' And you know I just have to deep down believe that there is just a hunger in this nation for truth. There is a hunger in this nation for authenticity.'

(Isaiah 54:17, KJV: 'No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.')