[lbo-talk] why Rush does not like Huck

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Dec 22 15:55:18 PST 2007

> <http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/12/a_huckabee_ally_on_el_rushbo.php>
>
> "Also, I have to think that he's dying to have Hillary in the White
> House. Bill Clinton made Rush a megastar. Having another Clinton back in
> power would make him the Leading Voice of the Opposition once again."

Y'know, I just realize this second answer to the subject line question is incoherent. What does wanting Clinton as President have to do with being against Huck as the Repug nominee? You could have both. And in fact you probably would if those two were the nominees. On a national level, Huckabee is probably the weakest candidate the Repug are fielding. Nominating him would probably be best smooth Clinton's path to the White House. He'd probably be the evangelical equivalent of the McGovern disaster.

Hmm. That's almost something to hope for. If only it didn't smack of being too clever by half...

Michael