[lbo-talk] Terry Eagleton and the Gospels

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Sun Dec 23 21:24:54 PST 2007

Assuming it's "After Theory" we're talking about, I'd suggest it's quite worth a look. It's a survey of cultural studies (and "theory," of course) in the last half of the 20th century, in an explicitly political context. It's an intervention in the philosophical/literary/political debate that I understand this list originally set out to join with reflection on economics. (At least, that's what I subscribed for.) It bears comparison with Perry Anderson's "Postmodernism" and Jameson's discussion (both of which are quoted). --CGE