[lbo-talk] European Racism

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Dec 26 12:26:09 PST 2007

>>> Chris Doss

I'm sure it's been written about a hundred times -- is there a generally excepted consensus about the origin of the white supremacy ideology? I've always assumed that it arose as a justification for the slave trade in Africans. Is that accurate?

^^^^^^^ CB: Yes, and European conquest and colonialism generally. The Indigenous Americans peoples and various Asian peoples were inferior races , too, as far as the conquering Europeans were concerned. Before there could be African slave trade to the Americas, they had to conquer the land from the Indigenous peoples. There were Whites, and then various inferior darker races: Black, Brown, Red, Yellow. The success of the conquest was the proof of the superiority.

^^^^^^^^

Merry (Western) Christmas by the way! We don't have it until early January.