[lbo-talk] Benazir Bhutto reportedly assasinated in a suicide bomb attack

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 27 09:26:44 PST 2007

Chuck wrote:
> 3.3.3. wrote:
>
>> There is absolutely nothing good that can come from this. I think all of
>> those scenarios are possible. What a completely shit morning...urgh...
>>

> It's always a beautiful day for humanity when a politician is murdered
> or assassinated.
>
> Have the 2007 Darwin Awards been given out yet? I nominate Bhutto in
> light of her stupid decision to campaign publicly when she knew that
> this was risky to her life and the lives of those around her.
>
> Totally not surprised by this news this morning.
>
> Chuck

This must be the most disgusting post I've read here in some time. How often do the murders of other humans bring you joy? I am personally ambivalent about her as a politician but as a human I find no beauty in her senseless death. While one might feel the loss of despotic ruler is a good thing because it ends the suffer of others I am aware of no suffering that will end with Bhutto's murder. Quite the opposite I am afraid. Why is that good news?

John Thornton