[lbo-talk] The creation of the modern British obituary

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 04:49:30 PST 2007

One of the things that I haved to look forward to when I die is that I will receive one of these sorts of obits in the annual supplement to the King's College Cambridge report, sent to all members of the College. I got a master's degree there. Unfortunately I will not be able to read it, that being the nature of the thing.

It will be noted that despite the subject matter, this obit below is a typically dreary US-style tomstone obit. Bad habits are not easily unlearned.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/30/nyregion/30massingberd.html