[lbo-talk] Vista

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Feb 1 09:08:59 PST 2007

Matt wrote:

> Indeed. Worse, Stewart was all gushing over him and asking obviously
> M$-suggested questions.

Several years ago I had to do "security" for Gates when he spoke at an AAAS conference in Seattle. I got front row seats for my obligatory time spent scanning conference badges as people got off the escalator.

It was worth it because Gates' computer crashed during the demo. They were doing a demo about speech recognition and their computer crashed. Priceless!

> Thank gods Colbert's show following slammed M$ during The Word.

I missed that.

> Stewart really caves with a lot of guests. Compare that to Colbert
> with O'Reilly, Lou Dobbs, Dinesh D'Souza, etc.

I really love the Daily Show, but Stewart has really been doing a Johnny Carson channels Larry King number of his guests. Too many softball questions. Too much kissing ass. I find myself getting nauseated when he kisses up to some real evil politican asshole. Most of the time, like last night when he had Biden on, or when he has Democrat or Republican Party hacks on, I just turn off the show when the guest segment starts.

> Colbert insisting D'Souza admit his politics vis a vis social issues
> like abortion, gay rights, feminism, are really just like those of the
> Taliban or Al Qaeda was great.

I've been skipping Colbert in order not to watch too much TV. Been watching more of Colbert recently while switching back and forth from Trek: Voyager reruns I'm watching on Spike TV. It was kind of funny watching Colbert tease Donna Shalala the other night. She's another fucking scumbag.

Chuck