[lbo-talk] Vista

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Feb 1 11:59:58 PST 2007

Matt wrote:

>Indeed. Worse, Stewart was all gushing over him and asking obviously
>M$-suggested questions.
>
>Thank gods Colbert's show following slammed M$ during The Word.

I don't think Stewart can always override corporate diktats about whom to invite. But he got back big time at the M$FT capo de tutti capi the next night. Taking off from Gates's hurried exit, he showed a sequence (photographed from behind) of a staffer impersonating Gates hurrying through the hall knocking everyone out of his way, even going out of his own way to hit them. All silent--and brilliant.

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)