[lbo-talk] Vista

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Thu Feb 1 12:29:24 PST 2007

At 02:21 PM 2/1/2007, Carrol Cox wrote:
>Fuck it W, haven't you read any of my posts on the working class? And I
>am by no means alone on this point. Who the fuck do you mean by
>"left-wing dinosaurs"?
>
>How many times have you seen the marxists on this list use the term
>"yuppie"? I've even protested against sneers at SUV drivers.
>
>Carrol

i think ws talks about himself in one of his former instantiations. As you can see below, yuppies are to be watched like zoo animals. moreover, IT people can only be trusted as long as the economy is good (which flows for the blue collar workers, too, we guess). and they are generally conservative to begin with, only to become positively fascistic when the economy gets worse. $1 to the person who wants to search around for the time he's explained that the very structure of the occupation, working with code, binaries, etc., practically forces that world view on programmers and other IT types.

also, at the end, you will have a theory of how "yuppies" came to exist.

otherwise, wojtek generally has arguments with phantasms: straw people he makes up and then, when pressed as to whom he's speaking of, you get zippo in terms of evidence.

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2005/2005-September/020682.html

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2004/2004-March/005794.html