[lbo-talk] BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ at MoMA in New York City

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 4 23:09:11 PST 2007

On Feb 4, 2007, at 3:08 PM, Brian Charles Dauth wrote:

> Fassbinder's masterpiece is also playing at the Berlin Film
> Festival this
> week.
>
> Besides being Fassbinder's greatest achievement, BA may also be the
> finest
> film every made dissecting the issues of class and capitalism.

My favorite movie of all time. Everyone should see it at least three times!

I have. Once in a theatre in Palo Alto when it came out. It had to be screened over three days. I think it may have first been serialized on German TV. The second two times I saw it on videos I rented from Menlo Park--a shop called Videoscope. It's about sixteen hours long. Get a case of Coopers Sparkling Ale and keep it close by as you watch Hans Biberkopf tromp through the Weimar Republic. Great flick and a well written book--there are two others in the triolgy about those German times. Doeblin was one of those anarchists influenced by Catholic upbringings.

Regards, Mike B)

http://happystiletto.blogspot.com/

____________________________________________________________________________________ No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started. http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail