[lbo-talk] 'I hate Macs'

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Feb 4 19:56:42 PST 2007

"Hello, I'm a Mac," says Webb.

"And I'm a PC," adds Mitchell.

-------------

Very funny. In the American version there is an added twist of a slight political cast that puts PCs in the reactionary business category, and the Mac in a more lefty or liberal domain. But it's very slight.

However, what the essayist didn't know, although he should have is that the entire ad and graphics industry along with most high end amateur and pro photographers use Macs almost exclusively. It occurred to me that the inspiration and concepts for that ad campaign were probably launched from an ad agency using Macs---and reflect the same attitudes protrayed in the ad, as those in the digital production crew making the ad.

I don't know how far Mac pro line (and its software) have developed, but they must be close to pro production video editing in real time at a color/resolution level sufficient to create short ads for tv. Looking around the web, briefly it looks like Final Cut Studio does exactly this kind of thing.

No wonder the media industries are paranoid, and M$ incorporates copyprotection schemes in Vista.

CG '