[lbo-talk] christ 2.0

Nicholas Ruiz III editor at intertheory.org
Mon Feb 5 19:04:17 PST 2007

Indeed--I saw a bit of this bizarre throw-back to the 80s purple rain/let's go crazy era...

Something about it was oddly--unentertaining, almost sad and desperate, no?

NRIII

Dr. Nicholas Ruiz III --Editor, Kritikos http://intertheory.org -----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of joanna Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 9:38 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] christ 2.0

bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:

>By the way, what did I miss out on at superbowl, some hot action from
>Prince? who saw this? what was so hot? dish please!

I saw it. My 13 year old daughter was watching -- not exactly sure why, so I joined in for a bit.

I don't know whether he was hot.

Hot like Hendrix? Definitely not.

But he rocked for a while with some straight R & B and some Hendrix-like licks. It was good.

The rock spectacle has reached ritual dimension, with the ritual lighting of candles or whatever simulacrum was handed out.

It was like that. But he did fine.

It's hard to see hotness in such a packaged product, but I'm sure some did.

Joanna