[lbo-talk] Stan Goff, Windbag

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 7 11:21:07 PST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 1:51 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> In the future the world (if there still is one) will debate the "Good
> Americans" of this period as back in the '40s we debated the
> question of
> the "Good Germans."

Angelus Novus is right - there's something grandiose and narcissistic about this sort of thing. Is there some emotional satisfaction involved in going on about how you're living in the midst of the Fourth Reich? The world is full of exploitation, murderous rivalries, and aspiring (sub)imperialists.

Doug