[lbo-talk] Stan Goff, Windbag

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 11:36:45 PST 2007

I'm a fan. Or at least, was; Full Spectrum Disorder had some nuttyness peaking out from it, like, Goff advising us that to prepare for guerilla conflict in the US we should go orienteering, birdwatching, and play Go. Hmm. In his more recent renunciation of Leninism I found some of his points compelling, but his overall abandonement of mass politics in favor of community gardens, and his ongoing strange cross-disciplinary linkages between subjects like energy, entropy, military doctrine and patriarchy to be interesting but not very useful. I'm a catastrophist at heart just like him tho so I'll probably still read the sex and military book he has coming out.

I think Goff has always been given more credit than he