[lbo-talk] Wal-Mart and SEIU Unite

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:24:16 PST 2007

Well, we -have- organized some divisions (not sure what you mean by that word)--- couple hundred thousand last couple years, and the gains in the coming couple years should be even bigger.

But I agree; our program on healthcare seems less and less to me like a carefully rolled out strategy that gradually bruises its way to one win after another (like our organizing program); and more and more like the flailing of an organization desperate to try to steer a runaway train wreck.

I'm gonna be off the purple payroll in another week or two, so am excited to reclaim my autonomy as a human being and not just an automoton moving a program; henceforth, let me say, that I bet I know whose office this plan is coming out of--- Stern is into wierd stuff these days. The long-range plans coming out of his office include some idiotic shit. Sometimes I wish I worked for HERE--- John Wilhelm is really the best there is up at that level anymore.

Oh well. He'll be gone in another few years and we'll be at 4 million. Work to be done either way. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20070207/93e7bc7f/attachment.htm>