[lbo-talk] Sam Smith on Doug Henwood

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 17:30:17 PST 2007

Joanna & others (to post below the body of this msg.),

Rearding the super boyfriend with an IQ of 172: Don't most the people claim to have an IQ over 140? My deadbeat dad says he has one over 170. The singer of Killing Joke (and current EU Composer-in- Residence!) says he has one of 190. Is it just me, or is someone lying somewhere?

I think if you have an IQ over 120 you're considered "very gifted" -- I may be wrong. And this of course assumes that the very relative, arbitrary method used to measure IQ now -- which changes every so years, and which may just be a measure of IQ test-taking ability, after all -- are valid. At all

The IQ score, from what I know, is a score used for adolescents to see how well they'll adapt in school environments. It's not a mental cock size for the rest of your life, 12 inches 'til eternity or something. Anyway, at least 60% of the people I've met have an "IQ of 140" whatever that means.

I have one of 250, by the way. :)

-B.