[lbo-talk] Sam Smith on Doug Henwood

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 9 19:33:29 PST 2007

IQ scores test only how well you did on a specific type of test when compared to others. Nothing more. I think lots of people know their score. I have taken a Stanford Binet test 3 times. Once in grade school. It's no more indicative of anything than an SAT. Actually your SAT has more bearing on your life than your IQ score. I don't know why anyone would lie about their test score either. To what end? Hell, I was eligible to join Mensa and look at what a mess I am! IQ tests aren't exactly a joke but they are not a measure of much either.

John Thornton