[lbo-talk] US Journalism Continues Descent Into Abyss

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sat Feb 10 10:26:25 PST 2007

I know it's still early in the year, but I hereby nominate Michael Specter's "Kremlin Inc." in the January 27, 2007 issue of the New Yorker as the most egregiously awful piece of craptastic, xenophobic, lickspittle piece of US-propaganda-masquerading-as-journalism of the year. Beneath Specter's pro-democracy patter, salted with homilies from that patron saint of humanity, Boris Berezovsky (I couldn't make this up if I tried), lurks an abyss of racialized hatred and genocidal fury at the failure of neoliberalism's victims to simply roll over and die.

-- DRR