[lbo-talk] Save planet, win $25 mil

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Sat Feb 10 15:12:54 PST 2007

You're moving the goalposts Doug, the objective was merely a technology to capture CO2 from the atmosphere and trees do that. Whether or not the solution increases the amount of heat absorbed from the sun is apparently not a criteria for the competition.

Trees capture and store CO2, they've been doing for millions of years, proven technology. Low maintenance, cheap to run, any mug can operate them. They even look nice. No, they don't reflect the sun's energy back into space like ice and desert. They weren't asking for that.

(Though, incidentally, using electricity generated from solar instead of electricity from other sources which add to the total heat in the atmosphere, would logically solve that problem.) OK, I'll throw that in as a bonus. Stop quibbling, I want my prize.