[lbo-talk] Antiwar sentiment in popular television programs

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Mon Feb 12 17:24:03 PST 2007

I am trying to get into The L Word this season, having lost track of it last season. I was pleasantly surprised to see a matter-of-fact anti-war sentiment expressed -- though it was cast in terms of the issue being far more complex. That is, the statement was made by a regular character to a guest character, a black women who'd been stationed in Iraq.

Which made me wonder, has anyone compiled a list of antiwar sentiments expressed in popular television series this season? I don't watch TV regularly -- The L Word is the only thing I watch, though this last episode of The Sopranos was sufficiently interesting that I was reeled back in after being bored by it last year.

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)