[lbo-talk] Jobs: dump DRM

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 04:10:04 PST 2007

Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Microsoft admiring colleagues of mine who're running
> Vista have been emailing and phoning to happily report
> that they're still able to view movies and listen to
> music without hassle. 'See', they insist, 'that
> business about DRM has been completely overblown'.

One of the most technically savvy MS users I know, working as a developer with .net stuff, used to hassle me about using Linux. "Drop the Mickey Mouse stuff. Businesses use Microsoft and the development tools are better." Today he's running Ubuntu Linux, swears he'll never touch Vista because of the DRM.

-- Sandy Harris Quanzhou, Fujian, China