[lbo-talk] WTF squared

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Thu Feb 8 06:51:22 PST 2007

OK. Seriously. I need some help w/ these recruiters. If anyone knows anyone to ask to give me a little insight so I don't waste my time.

I apply for a posish as a training developer, 70% travel. whatever. the pay's great. i apply directly TO company. the next day, i get recruited for a training posish. after they've shipped my resume, i finally learn that it's the same company to whom i applied directly. i ask about ethics. recruiter is fine with it and says it won't hurt my candidacy.

meanwhile, an email i'd sent HR was sufficiently butt smooching enough that she's interested in my resume. I call and say, "well, i'd love to but i'm uncertain of ethics. i'm working with recruiter and have a phone appt with your company this week."

She:"Huh? We don't work with outside recruiters. What is the position?"

I tell her. She confirms, they aren't using recruiters for that posish.

So? Anyone know? Do recruiters sometimes work on spec like this, running across resume, thinking it fits with an open posish, they approach company with candidate and try to get bonus for bringing candidate to their attention?

Any klewbyfour would be helpful. TX

Also, does brainbench suck? my latest entry at blog explains why i wonder.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org