[lbo-talk] Sushi

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Wed Feb 14 03:59:51 PST 2007

At 06:41 AM 2/14/2007, Tayssir John Gabbour wrote:
>Caveat: I like reading about food, have fancy cookbooks, and am in the
>center of Old Europe -- yet my idea of being adventurous is making Nutella
>pancakes. (For some reason "restaurant food" never tastes asgood as I
>expect.) Pathetic.

nuh uh. Cookbooks ARE literature. I discovered this awhile back and I've been on a mission to get paid to write "Reading the Cookbook" or some cultural studies approach to lit. I will also analyze the use of cookbooks and craft a method for gauging the best recipes using my ex-mother-in-laws tip when she gave me her old cookbooks. She said in a low, conspiratorial voice, "NOw, sweetie, I never told any of my others daughter-in-laws, but I'll tell you. I worked as a maid in other people's kitchens for years before I got married. You can tell what the most used recipes are by locating the pages that stick together." :)

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)