[lbo-talk] Greenpeace heads to Iran to push nuclear-free zone

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Wed Feb 14 13:08:46 PST 2007

Daily Times http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Greenpeace heads to Iran to push nuclear-free zone http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\02\14\story_14-2-2007_pg4_12

TEHRAN: Greenpeace will press for a nuclear-free zone in the Middle East during a visit to the port where Iran's first atomic power plant is being built.

The environmental group's Rainbow Warrior ship will dock in Iran's south-western port of Bushehr on Friday, Paul Horsman, Greenpeace coordinator for the peaceful energy campaign in the Middle East, said on Tuesday. The ship will stay a few days. "The main issue we are talking about here is a proposal for a nuclear-free zone in the Middle East," Horsman said in Iran ahead of the ship's arrival. "What we are talking about is the need to engage a debate about the different energy choices for the region." The Rainbow Warrior's regional tour includes Gulf Arab states which, like Iran, sit on vast energy reserves. It will also travel to Yemen, Egypt, Israel, Lebanon and Turkey. reuters

Daily Times - All Rights Reserved