[lbo-talk] Servility

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 14 16:01:27 PST 2007

Yoshie wrote:

>Big prisons have a way of cowing people. The "war on crimes" is the
>smartest move that the US ruling class made in response to the long
>sixties.

I think you're right this was a smart move, but I don't agree that big prisons have a way of cowing people. They have a way of making people bitter and more dangerous, but that's not the same as being cowed. One reason to be in favor of prison reform even if you have no fellow feeling for the millions locked up is that it's not good for any of us to systematically make some of us more dangerous.