[lbo-talk] NYPD acts like pigs

Liza Featherstone lfeather at panix.com
Mon Feb 19 10:44:04 PST 2007

I certainly didn't mean to imply that these particular plaintiffs had deliberately provoked cops or claimed they lived in a "police state." This was a more general comment -- I have been to and covered many, many protests and seen many protesters taunting cops on purpose, and heard many, many demonstrators yelling "this is what a police state looks like." This is extremely common and it's important to be honest about that to a left audience, so that readers know these folks are not just whiners or macho show-offs but actually have a real case. The sentence wasn't a description of the RNC protesters -- I agree they were extremely disciplined.

Liza

Begin forwarded message: