[lbo-talk] NYPD acts like pigs

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 17:46:49 PST 2007

I agree with Travis in part here, although I don't think most crime is individualistic political dissent. (Much of it is illegal capitalistic enterprise -- both drug crimes and white collar crime.) In the US there are now some very disturbing police state tendencies over and above the usual overreaching by the authorities -- I mean the USA Patriot Act and other "anti-terrorist" measures that have nothing to do with fighting terrorism. But Travis is right taht if we lived in a full blown police state, we couldn't say so as we do, and stay (for the moment) free without fear of early morning knocks on the door and disappearances.

As to Yoshie's claim that she's never seen provocations, I don't get it. What were you talking about before, then, saying truthfully that a bad attitude is not a crime? You whipsaw a lot, you know.