[lbo-talk] the ongoing crisis of standards

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Feb 19 19:32:31 PST 2007

<http://gawker.com/news/janice-min/tabloid-editor-concerned-about- dumbing-down-of-media-237909.php>

Tabloid Editor Concerned About Dumbing Down of Media

Strangely non-evil Us Weekly editor Janice Min is ticked that TV news has gotten all tabloidey:

"I wanted to turn on news and watch information about the Scooter Libby trial, and all I could find was wall-to-wall Anna Nicole."

That's how we felt last week when we opened Us and all we could find was an analysis of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget's new FY2008 publication! (With online vidcast component narrated by shirtless Battlestar Galactica star Jamie Bamber!)