[lbo-talk] leasing a car

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Tue Feb 20 17:51:25 PST 2007

bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:

> suggestions for decent used cars? toyotahondanissan

> is my motto. i had to have my nissan towed once and

> the tow truck driver said he hardly ever tows

> toyotahondanissans.

Have a look at Mazdas too. My sister had an MX-6 and despite her talent for abusing cars she couldn't break it. I bought two Miatas used for cheap (the first was still running fine when the drunk pickup driver totalled it) and over 110,000 miles thus far they've been outstandingly reliable, as breakproof as the four Corollas my family has put 650,000 miles on. Plus of course a Miata is the most fun-to-drive car _evar_. Driving an ordinary T/H/N sedan is like bobbing along atop a steady old mule; driving a Miata is like taking psychic possession of a house cat.

> (i also hate you b/c i used that lease comparison

> and saw these sporty mazdas and crap and started

> getting attacks of commodity fetishism.

_Fetishism_?! Moi?

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net