[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 57, Issue 6

Richard Menec menecraj at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 22 20:02:44 PST 2007

> 1. Re: The Log Library Project (Carrol Cox)
> 2. Re: The Log Library Project (Doug Henwood)
> 9. Re: The Log Library Project (tfast)
> I don't understand any of these three posts.
> Carrol

Neither do I.

=============
>>for the
>> sole
>> purpose of advertising, it helps if you participate to the life of the
>> list. dropping a link to your business site isn't participation,
>> it's spamming.

Well, I might have replied to your cell phone posts, but I don't own one.

> As the moderator of the list, I can say Bitch makes an excellent
> point here. This seems like a bizarre intervention out of nowhere.
> Perhaps you could explain.
>
> Doug

A project is being spearheaded to get groups of people together, including aboriginal organisations, so that remote communities -- who suffer from high unemployment, high rates of suicide, and 70% unemployment rates in some cases -- can acquire adult libraries, for the first time ever. So they can acquire minimal educational infrastructure which the government of Canada has failed to provide. Yet sending a link to the Left Business Observer list with such information is something so bizarre and foreign to list members that petty, pusillanimous, petulant charges about "spamming" become the focus, simply because I happen also to be a bookseller?

What conviction!

==============
> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:40:06 -0500
> From: "tfast" <tfast at yorku.ca>
> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] The Log Library Project
> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org>
>
> Trust me, I was avoiding coherency out of manners. The "I did this" means
> exactly that. I supplied logs for log home buliders. Mostly Cedar
> actually.
> Quite rare because the log home builders have to compete with the poll
> companies who pay good scratch for nice long straight Cedar polls.

My take on it with the "I did this" was that you visited the link I provided, yet like others who have given their two cents worth you still couldn't understand "what it was all about". Well, I see that I was mistaken there, and so thanks for the much more coherent explanation, but you are quite wrong about the "I did this" part. I am *not* in the business of supplying/selling logs. The project, in fact, has absolutely *nothing* to do with that (read the damn thing). The brief mention of accessing suitably sized timber has to do with access to cutting rights from the Province, not access to a salesman.

Richard