[lbo-talk] carried away (like swept away, only with bad acting *and* alliteration)

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Fri Feb 23 12:44:25 PST 2007

At 11:02 PM 2/22/2007, Richard Menec wrote:

>A project is being spearheaded to get groups of people together, including
>aboriginal organisations, so that remote communities -- who suffer from high
>unemployment, high rates of suicide, and 70% unemployment rates in some
>cases -- can acquire adult libraries, for the first time ever. So they can
>acquire minimal educational infrastructure which the government of Canada
>has failed to provide. Yet sending a link to the Left Business Observer
>list with such information is something so bizarre and foreign to list
>members that petty, pusillanimous, petulant charges about "spamming" become
>the focus, simply because I happen also to be a bookseller?
>
>What conviction!

A note to say, "Hi, just joined the list (or been lurking for awhile). I wanted to let you know about my project. etc." would have been cool. Just dropping a link with no explanation isn't helpful. Moreover, it's common on the list for Carrol and others to ask for a brief one or two line summary of an article or web site someone has decided to bring to the list's attention. People don't necessarily click on a link if they don't know why they should.

Now, you should thank me for bringing more attention to your project!

HTH

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)