[lbo-talk] Why the best actors are British

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Feb 23 09:27:57 PST 2007

Chris Doss wrote:

>The best theater and cinema actors are Russian.
>Everybody knows that. ;)

Well, yes, but really the brits are outstanding. Think for example of the repertoire of Alec Guiness, or even that old war horse Olivier.

As for the Russians, I wish some of these oligarchs would see their way into resurrecting Russian film. I hear there was a Master and Margharita done for TV. Can't they slap some subtitles on it and ship it over here?

With pay-per-view all this is really doable.

Joanna