[lbo-talk] Why the best actors are British

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 10:39:57 PST 2007

--- joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> As for the Russians, I wish some of these oligarchs
> would see their way
> into resurrecting Russian film.
> I hear there was a Master and Margharita done for
> TV. Can't they slap
> some subtitles on it and ship it over here?
>
> With pay-per-view all this is really doable.
>
> Joanna

Master and Margarita was done for TV, as in the recent couple of years also The Idiot, First Circle, and Quiet Flows the Don. I am sure I am forgetting something. Taras Bulba is currently being filmed. Russian TV is currently showing a long miniseries called "Stalin LIVE," which is basically a look into the personal life of Stalin. The actor does a pretty good Georgian accent.

The Russian film industry is doing pretty well -- I can think offhand of at least a dozen from last year, and I do not follow movies. There's also a long animated cartoon based on the exploits of Prince Vladimir.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on www.Answers.yahoo.com