[lbo-talk] cell phone recommendations

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Sat Feb 24 08:05:24 PST 2007

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 06:20:22AM +0000, Carl Remick wrote:
> >From: bitch at pulpculture.org
> >
> >The plan R thought was the one to go for doesn't cover the state we're
> >moving to. Never had one, so I haven't a clue about how they work.
>
> I think cell phones are just another snare of the hi-tech industrial complex
> -- yet another way to be defrauded by mass merchandisers and electronics
> manufacturers, and simply one more means to be pestered by trivial,
> intrusive communications 24/7.

Really? Moreso than land line telephones? The telegraph? Radio?

A cell phone is pretty essential for anyone who dates/clubs/etc., in any way is into meeting people in that kind of context. The subtle art of flirting via text message should not be ignored. :)

Also the camera/video phones that are standard now allow people to record events that might otherwise go unreported - like that recent event in a library where a student of color was assaulted by University Cops.

Or me getting video of Dennis Rodman in my hotel last weekend during the NBA All Star game...

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

Damn the rules, it's the feeling that counts.

-John Coltrane