[lbo-talk] cell phone recommendations

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 16:12:00 PST 2007

--- Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:

> these cell phones suck. Let's talk later on a real
> phone, or better

[WS:] There is one thing that you forgot - telemarketers! They are free to call your "real phone" whenever they want, but they cannot call your cell phone. I was getting 10+ telemarketer calls a day and faxing telemarketers at night. Although I had a caller ID, I still need to check who was calling or scroll through long logs of junk calls. I ended up picking up th ephone and if someone struggling to pronounce my name (he, he, he) I'd say "hold on," put the receiver on thetable and walk away. I coul dnot stop them callin, but at least I wasted the ratfuckers' time.

Mobile phone was a desirable alternative. I agree, however, that everything else about mobile service sucks big time. Not because of technology, but because of capitalism - as the mobile services are a scam to fleece adults by using their kids as trojan horses.

BTW, opinion poll and survey agencies, including Census Bureau increasingly complain that telemarketers screw up their business, as people simply hang up if they hear unfamiliar voice. They also bitch about mobiles too, because they skew their probablities in random digit dialing (those with several phones i.e. better off have a greater probablity of being selected).

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ It's here! Your new message! Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/