[lbo-talk] Israeli apartheid

joyce brothers xenax2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 12:01:05 PST 2007

Jimmy Carter apparently wasn't the first to call it.

Via the Lawrence of Cyberia blog--

We enthusiastically chose to become a colonial society, ignoring international treaties, expropriating lands, transferring settlers from Israel to the occupied territories, engaging in theft and finding justification for all these activities. Passionately desiring to keep the occupied territories, we developed two judicial systems: one - progressive, liberal - in Israel; and the other - cruel, injurious - in the occupied territories. In effect, we established an apartheid regime in the occupied territories immediately following their capture. That oppressive regime exists to this day.

-- Michael Ben-Yair (Israeli's Attorney-General 1993-1996), The War's Seventh Day; Ha'aretz, 3 March 2002.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=136433

____________________________________________________________________________________ Have a burning question? Go to www.Answers.yahoo.com and get answers from real people who know.