[lbo-talk] Russian revolution material

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 20:16:15 PST 2007

Voline's _The Unknown Revolution_ is a book about the Russian Revolution Chomsky has recommended more than a few times. Voline, a pen name, was witness to it all, starting from Bloody Sunday of 1905 onwards through 1917. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voline)

And let's not forget Nestor Makhno's accounts. :)

-B.

jrdavis wrote:
> Don't over look the first leftist critiques of the
Russian Revolution by Otto Ruhle, Herman Gorter and Anton Pannekoek which can be found on the Marxism.org site.

> jim
>
> Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I don't know if all of these are available in
English,
> but it would be interesting to look at the
contrasting
> accounts of the Civil War in Trotsky's "History
of the
> Russian Revolution," Kolchak's Memoirs,
Kerensky's
> "The Russian Revolution," and Kaganovish's
> autobiography, given that they were all direct
> partisipants with very different
ideologies/points of view.