[lbo-talk] Re: Fidel

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 1 22:12:07 PST 2007

Story I believe was told by Isaac Babel, a Jewish Bolshie who rode with red Cossacks, was one of the great short story writers of the 20s and 30s, was murdered in the purges. Anyway, as I recall, Babel reported that he heard a Red Cossack sneer at Lenin, "that Jew" hiding in the Kremlin, and compare him invidiously to a "real Russian" like Trotsky, who was fighting at the front.