[lbo-talk] Sad Sack Secularists

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 08:20:11 PST 2007

On 1/2/07, www.leninology. blogspot.com <leninology at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yoshie, thanks for linking that*. I think I need to mention a couple of
> thinks about it,
> though. First of all, Achcar saw it and felt it totally misrepresented his
> views**. Secondly,
> I take all your criticisms on board, although to be fair it was written in
> haste and with
> even less concern for didactic hygeine than I usually evince.
>
> *<http://leninology.blogspot.com/2006/12/sad-sack-secularists.html>
> **His views aren't actually represented, only what was said at the meeting.
> That was my excuse, and I cling to it.

Did anyone make a transcript of the panel discussion? If there is one, I'd like to read it.

Some of Achcar's writings on political Islam is available on the Net, as Angel posted here a while ago: "Eleven Theses on the Resurgence of Islamic Fundamentalism" (1981), <http://www.internationalviewpoint.org/spip.php?article1132>; "Marxists and Religion - Yesterday and Today" (15 October 2004), <http://www.internationalviewpoint.org/spip.php?article622>.

What do you think of those? -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>