[lbo-talk] Amiri Baraka

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 3 15:58:31 PST 2007

I'm going to be recording an interview with Amiri Baraka on Friday, based on his new collection of short stories, Tales of the Out and the Gone (Akashic Books). What I've read so far is pretty compelling - so much so that I missed my subway stop this morning.

Given all the orchestrated national mourning for Gerald Ford, one of the stories describes him as "the big-headed, empty-faced moron who fronted off for the corporate dictatorship that ran America...." Too bad Baraka wasn't ask to eulogize Ford.

In any case, advice on questions to ask him?

Doug