[lbo-talk] Re: Privelege (Was Re: Maoist cleanup drive hits Nepal)

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 8 11:53:09 PST 2007

> As to criticism of BDSM, I think you two ignore the fact
that there is a big problem of domestic violence against women in the world, certainly in the US.

But BDSM has nothing to do with domestic violence, unless you are arguing that being pro-BDSM equals being pro- donestic violence.

> A big _left_ project is to get men to stop being "sadistic"
toward women.

The scare quotes give you away Charles. It is a left project to get people to stop being violent to each other in non-consensual circumstances.

> So, it might help if you explained in detail how BDSM is
actually only superficially similar to or actually not at all like domestic violence against women.

This site is useful::

http://www.ncsfreedom.org/index.htm

where you can find this document:

http://www.ncsfreedom.org/eop/files/SMvAbuse.pdf

> For you to ignore this obvious question, and act so
surprised that non-BDSM people have some questions about it is kind of esoteric on your parts.

What is surprising is that with this question having been answered so many times, people still bring it up. You must lead a very sheltered sexual existence Charles if you honestly do not know the difference between bdsm practice and domestic abuse.

> Also, I wonder whether LGBT people and liberationists
in general consider BDSM as having the same status as their sexual identities.

Some do (including me).

Brian