(Privelege Was Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Maoist cleanup drive hits

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jan 8 16:07:04 PST 2007

queer dewd formerly known as ( ) wrote:

> Those campaigns were traveling road shows brought to campuses and the
> like. The porn they showed was often from the BDSM genre and taken
> completely out of context to boot. Not surprisingly, all of that
> infiltrated the wider culture and, good male leftists who don't have a
> clue but what they suck down via mainstream media, think that the thing
> to do is reject, out of hand, anything that might appear to harm women
> or represent some sort of 'sicko' sexuality.

The anti-porn male leftists are a curious lot. They go around preaching against porn, probably thinking they are doing the right thing to impress their women comrades. Then the Sucide Girls come along and these guys guiltily flock to this P.C. porn. Only the politically-correct porn which features malnourished, sun-deprived young women turn out to be a capitalist enterprise that is worse for women than many of the women-run porn sites on the Internet.

LOL. What a bunch of hypocrites.

> Meanwhile, those who fought this movement were marginalized by male
> leftists as engaged in women's fluff "sex" issues, marginalized by those
> women who agreed, and just generally ignored as some special interest
> group who didn't engage in serious, real politics. etc.

Well, there is very little foreign policy and sports in the bedroom.

> Today, people make ignorant comments about transgendered folks, BDSM,
> etc. when typing in their email programs, too fucking lazy to hit up
> wikipedia or something to get a freakin' clue before they open their
> mouths. That's the insult. I'd expect it from my rightwing stepmother. I
> don't expect to have to hear that shit here.

No kidding. And people like CB expect us kinksters to educate the world. Well, we do some of that but we shouldn't be ostracized or persecuted for our interests. And the state should leave our clubs alone!

Chuck