(Privelege Was Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Maoist cleanup drive hits

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 9 05:36:05 PST 2007

On Jan 8, 2007, at 7:19 PM, joanna wrote:

> As the resident prude, here goes. I have no problem with whatever
> happens between consenting adults. The only thing I have taken
> issue with is the idea that fetishes are a sign of sexual freedom;
> they are, to me, the very opposite. Freedom is not scripted.

We're all following a script to some degree. The fact that you or anyone else finds a person, a gesture, or an act exciting has a history in the culture and in your personal experience. You're just picking up on something that's been done before, maybe with a little variation. What is this freedom you're speaking of?

Doug