[lbo-talk] Weird ideas of freedom

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Jan 9 19:34:41 PST 2007

Carrol Cox wrote:

> There was enough fucking arrogance involved to confirm for the nth time
> the totalitarian heart of anarchist theory. You explain nothing. You
> merely arrogantly assert that one group of people (those who engage in
> 'vanilla' sex) are inferior to another group of people (those who are
> "sexually liberated"). It is supreme arrogance on your part to dare to
> judge the internal state of those engaging in "vanilla sex." You don't
> know a fucking thing about any of them but a merely engaging in the
> delusion that you can read minds.

Sheesh! I think somebody is hyperventilating over an unimportant sentence.

Your comment is absurd and ridiculous. There was nothing arrogant about my statement, where I was just ruminating on kinky sex versus vanilla sex. On rare occasions I feel like people into kink experience something that is better than those purely into vanilla sex. Most of the time--I stress *most* here--I don't elevate one form of sexual practice over another. Perhaps I have a Taoist attitude towards sex--different strokes for different folks. There is also a spectrum of sexuality--people may gravitate towards certain types of practices, but people experiment and they change their interests. If anything, in this century, many of the boundaries between kink and vanilla have evaporated.

I don't know a thing about people who engage in vanilla sex? I've had plenty of experience with vanilla sex, so it's kind of weird to say that I don't know what's involved.

Your use of the word "totalitarian" is absurd. You are merely repeating a standard anti-anarchist canard that anarchists are somehow "totalitarian." I have no interest in running a state that tells people which sexual practices they should engage in. I'm poorly equipped to be a totalitarian of any kind.

Where in this discussion did I say anything about anarchism or the anarchist take on these issues? I don't remember writing anything, so you are just engaged in a personal attack here. My interest in kinky sex predates me becoming an anarchist and I definitely didn't become an anarchist because of these issues.

Chuck