[lbo-talk] Weird ideas of freedom

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 9 17:12:40 PST 2007

Chuck wrote:

> Carrol Cox wrote:
> >
> > Chuck wrote:
> >
> >>I suspect that there are some kinksters who are stuck in
> >>a rut in terms of what gets them off, but I think that kinksters are
> >>more sexually liberated and enjoy more freedom than people who just muck
> >>along
> >

> > I object to this for the same reason I objected to Joanna's post. This
> > is an arrogant attempt, like hers, to dictate to people, and it implies
> > a hierarchy of human worth.
>
> What? There was no arrogance involved in writing this sentence. I was
> merely trying to explain this stuff.

There was enough fucking arrogance involved to confirm for the nth time the totalitarian heart of anarchist theory. You explain nothing. You merely arrogantly assert that one group of people (those who engage in 'vanilla' sex) are inferior to another group of people (those who are "sexually liberated"). It is supreme arrogance on your part to dare to judge the internal state of those engaging in "vanilla sex." You don't know a fucking thing about any of them but a merely engaging in the delusion that you can read minds.

Carrol