[lbo-talk] US public opposed to "surge"

Mr. WD mister.wd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 08:08:23 PST 2007

With all the standard caveats about not paying too much attention to polls, I'd say that while these poll numbers look mostly good, the responses to two questions stuck out for me, and not in a good way:

5. Which comes closest to your view about the war with Iraq?

"Certain will win": 16 percent "Likely but not certain": 34 percent

13. (Asked of adults who say the war in Iraq has gone worse than expected) How much do you blame for the war going worse than expected �� a great deal, a fair amount, not much, or not at all?

24 percent said they blamed the U.S. news media "a great deal" 28 percent said "a fair amount"

-WD